The Consumer Psychologist role supports the primary product team by performing research and project management tasks necessary to plan, execute and report research relating to Consumer Insights. Insights produced by this team inform business decisions in Product Development, Merchandising, Marketing and beyond, including decisions by senior executive leaders.
- Build the Consumer Insights strategic pillar, grounded in integration with the other insights teams (product, market, and competitive), that can function at scale, support a growing global organization, and maintains insights governance
- Answer key business questions through insights practices, maintain an understanding of the consumer
- Synthesize different data sets and outputs to provide direction to teams and senior / executive management.
- Collaborate on positioning and communications projects within cross functional teams
- Lead core tracking, measurement and consumer behavior activities including Brand health, TV and video ad testing, and Path 2 Purchase studies
- Participate in mixed method research efforts including Focus groups, IDI’s, online interviews Shopper research & surveys
- Over-see ad- hoc quant surveys, find alignment on goals, draft surveys and screeners, deploy surveys, analyze and synthesize outputs.
- Lead management of econometric projects including MMM, Pricing studies, and draw analysis studies
- Define the ‘glocal’ strategy and collaborate across global regions to execute on projects and harmonize outputs
- Identify and prioritize research questions based on the analysis of existing product designs, business needs, project goals and risks.
- Lead consumer research projects from inception to presentation focusing on providing insights that will have a significant impact on business decisions
- Employ the best research method(s) including manage research agencies based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
- Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to uncover insightful and actionable results that drive tactical and strategic product decisions.
- Ability to dive deep into both qualitative and quantitative data to understand customer motivations, problems and delighters in order to bring forward new insights that generate product innovations.
- Communicate results and opportunities in clear, concise, and compelling ways to all levels of management.
- Deliver impact, as measured by changes to the product design and development roadmap.
- BA, BS or higher in marketing, market research, sociology, psychology or economics
- Prior work experience (4-6+ years) as an individual contributor a market research or consumer analytics role.
- Experience with consumer goods companies, small domestic appliances or consumer services
- Consumer focused, with a desire to understand consumers and markets.
- Ability to effectively probe, intellectual curiosity and ability to translate strategy and insights into practical opportunities
- Desire to grow in a leadership role, balanced by an ability to be a strong team player and contributor.
- Experience with relational databases: SQL or Python required, R or similar preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, environment and handle multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent communication skills, and be comfortable working across quantitative data qualitative outputs
- Be empathetic and able to put themselves in the experience of the consumer and shopper
- Ability to influence and collaborate with cross-functional business partners to execute recommendations and new products.
- Possibility for travel including International.
Benefits of working as a Consumer Psychologist at MedAdvance in Sydney:
- MedAdvance offers great benefits
- MedAdvance offers career progression opportunities
- Attractive package
Start in January 2023.